3133 Pre-Orders Shipping Now!

Same situation - different country. :cry:

This was waiting for me at home…

:blush:

Btw: it took 16 days from “Shipment Data Uploaded” status at warehouse in Hong Kong, to “Delivered” to my home in Madrid, Spain. Not bad! :thinking:

My order was place on June, 23rd.

PocketC.H.I.P.s Shipping On-Time & NAND Software Delays C.H.I.P.s Until Mid-October

Arrived today!! The the games begin!

This is ridiculous, I ordered my Pocket and chip in May. How come I have to wait until mid-October which has now been set back to the end of October. All I have been reading about shipping dates are vague estimates only for those to be pushed back later and later.

It’s been told already: they had stock of PocketCHIPs, but not of CHIPs.
CHIPs received too may orders. They were unable to fulfill the orders, so had to scale up production.
With this change, the shipping dates were postponed, specially CHIP orders.
If you want your PocketCHIP sooner, cancel the CHIP part, and put a new order for the CHIP. The PocketCHIP will be sent before the CHIP (you will receive your CHIP later, though.)
See here: Pre-Order Shipping Updates & Scaling Up C.H.I.P. Production
And here: PocketC.H.I.P.s Shipping On-Time & NAND Software Delays C.H.I.P.s Until Mid-October

If you cancelled your order now - ordered PocketCHIP - you’d probably get it later than if you just waited… I’m waiting… even though I’ve already got 4 standalone CHIPs, & a PocketCHIP - I’m waiting for 4 more…

Hi,

I just signed up for this forum after exhausting other avenues. Could anyone direct me to someone that could assist why my shipment, my package (according to the tracking information provided) has been sitting in Hong Kong for the past 4 months.

I have been contacting NTC and initially was receiving responses but now no one is bothering to even reply to me. I am very disappointed to say the least with how NTC treat their customers.

I just wanted to receive my orders and cannot believe that no one can help me.

@OZJ They probably think they already answered you. What email address did you use to contact them? The best one to use is ahoyahoy@nextthing.co. When does tracking say your parcel shipped? Where is/was it going? Does it include a battery? CHIP? PocketCHIP?

And did you refresh the tracking page? You could be viewing your browser’s cache. In some unfortunate cases, parcels were sent back to Hong Kong by mistake.

You probably need to start a new email to them, as sometimes they have not seen replies, despite their efforts to answer everyone.

@sdjf Thanks, I appreciate your reply. I have sent them another email now as per your suggestion and keeping my fingers crossed this is sorted out soon.

:unamused: that’s weird… My order was placed a little time before June and they only just labled my package for shipping today…

I have question :
Is it Ok that in tracking information shown only my Country, City and Post code ?

yes thats normal its for security

When I placed my order on 24 January 2017, I was excited and really looking forward to this product idea. I ordered knowing that they were not yet shipping, but was told that it would be shipping sometime in Q1-17 and that was OK with me. But, that didn’t happen. And still, that was OK with me. It was then announced here that it would start shipping on April 15. OK… Then came May. And then June. And then July. And now August, and my order still has not shipped. The tracking.getchip page is all but totally useless - it does not state when your order is scheduled to ship - only that it has not yet shipped. Why can’t the scheduled shipping date be posted? Its not rocket science: you know how many orders you can fill per week, so its easy enough to calculate when each order will ship.

Well, my patience finally wore out today and so I have requested a full refund. After 3.5 months of shipping orders, those orders placed in January still have not shipped and that is unacceptable. Shipping orders doesn’t require a Ph.D. in electrical engineering, so why can’t some additional staff be brought on to get the orders shipped? There are plenty of college students available in the summer to pick up for minimum wage.

Please take this as the constructive criticism it is meant to be: if you are going to be successful, you need to learn how to run a business, and there is nothing more important than getting orders out the door. This may be a great product (I still wouldn’t know…) but the way this has been going thus far, its not going to be a successful product unless things change dramatically and soon. I have no doubt that those involved are working their tails off, but the problems continue and so something needs to change.

Best of luck in your endeavors, and please know that I am sad by the way this has whole adventure has gone.

For what it’s worth, I ordered about the same time you did. (Order 49xxx - a console PChip kit with an extra VGA DIP for my current CHIP.) I can completely sympathize to the point. Unfortunately, this point has been re-hashed many times over on this exact BBS, with no upshot obvious to me. At the risk of an obvious question, have you tried contacting ahoyahoy@nextthing.co?

Thought you should know, after reading your post I checked the tracking site. Mine apparently changed, finally, from “Pending Shipment” to “Shipment Data Uploaded,” which would suggest to me an actual box actually exists somewhere, that ought to be getting a label soon. I mean not to cause false hope, but if your order was similar to mine, I have at least one data point to offer in the favor of progress.

HI Ted - Appreciate your comments. I had already checked my order status and it remains “pending shipment” and as I indicated in my original post, I finally gave up on this “company” and have requested a refund. I’m a management consultant, and so I may be less tolerant of management incompetence than most folks, although I think I gave them plenty of leeway on this (your opinion may vary!).

Thing is, the problem is not only getting product out the door. If they can’t do that in a reasonable timeframe, what kind of support can one expect once you eventually get the product? Why bother investing any time and energy into a product that probably won’t survive for any significant period of time. From what I gather, the problem is endemic and there has been no modification of process to attempt to fix the problem. And to paraphrase Einstein, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.

I have contacted nextthing several times, and the response is always the same canned response. I’ve wasted too much time and thus the request I submitted this weekend for a full refund. Ken

Do you start a new email chain each time or do you respond back to the responses from the original one? Their support system creates a new ticket for every new email to ahoyahoy. The responses do not create a new ticket.

I guess that I will go for a refund too. Waiting for a month is one thing but now it must be the 5th month.

The only thing you get from from ahoyahoy is some blabla aka canned content. Most of the times here you get: “Write to ahoyahoy@nextthing.com”. Which is really not helpful as you don’t get up-to-date information.

Sorry, as a customer I really don’t care about their internal workflow. Also, not how big their team is. As most customers I care when my already paid order will arrive.

So I ordered $9 chip plus a clear cover Jan 13 2017 and confirmed my address back in April I think and I still haven’t received it just that it’s ready to ship so are people who ordered long after I did receiving there stuff sooner than me??? This really sucks Iv waited to long to just get a refund. I’m getting out of the Army in a week so I had to change my address on the order for the 3rd time since Iv ordered it.