Getting RTlinux, RTAI, or RT preempt on Chip

Hello Chip community, this is my first post, so I apologize for my lack of post structure if it is not up to standards.

I have a project with Chip where I need deterministic bit banging happening every 2 ms that takes priority over the entire Linux OS and then allow about 1 ms for the operating system. I have looked into RTLinux, RTAI, and the RTpreempt patch. I think the RT preempt patch might get the job done good enough for my purposes, but would prefer to get RTLinux or RTAI up and running.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get started on patching the Chip Kernel with RTpreempt or perhaps getting RTAI up and running on CHIP?

Thanks for all suggestions.

You should find the info you’re looking for in this thread: Machinekit running on CHIP with RT PREEMPT kernel plus the linked blog post and comments.

Your real-time expectations seem unrealistic to me from what I’ve seen, but it doesn’t hurt to try. I would appreciate if you could report back your findings!

Thanks for the Link.
I had found Infrapro’s post about bit-banging previously with mmap, but not this one. I’ll be sure to upload my results here later.