We at NTC have been working on getting out a new kernel release for all of you. This new kernel applies to anyone using our last release of MLC images. You should be able to a get this update via apt or by flashing the latest image from http://flash.getchip.com onto your C.H.I.P. or PocketC.H.I.P..
We will also be releasing updated flashable images very soon that already have the latest kernel installed.
To install from a previously flashed OS, you'll need to connect your C.H.I.P or PocketC.H.I.P. to the internet. You can find instructions for that in the docs here: http://docs.getchip.com/
Once online, run the following in a terminal:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
Then give it a reboot and enjoy your new kernel!
Changes in latest kernel release:
- Docker container support!
- I've had a lot of people ask me about this for a while now and I'm really excited to finally get this out to you all.
- DirtyCOW is patched.
- This was tested using Hypriot's
- Various control groups enabled
- Various networking capabilities enabled
- OverlayFS support
- HostAP support
- More input device drivers (joysticks, gamepads such as PS3/4 and Xbox Controllers)
- 1-wire modules
- DVB/TV Tuner modules
- LIRC module
- Dummy and Loopback sound devices
- USB printer module
- USB ACM module
- Various USB mass storage modules
- USB LED/LCD modules
- SISUSBVGA module
- FBTFT and its various display modules
- Ext4 encryption support
- NTFS read/write
- ISO 9660
- Various other small additions
If you encounter any issues with these modules or wish to see others, please file an issue here:
We are working on cleaning up the backlog of issues and making CHIP a better experience out of the box.
Thanks for all of your support,
- Wynter Woods (@zerotri) and Ben (@computermouth)