Been toying around with pocket chip since I first got it, and I instantly fell in love. But, after playing with it, and then losing it all to the 4.4 update, I thought it would be nice to have a single script to re-install all of the hard work I did hunting down guides, blog posts, and fixes to all the things I installed. So I made a little script to re-install everything!
I just finished testing this on both my chip that I was testing this script on originally, and a fresh chip to ensure the script worked as expected. Feel free to report any bugs on this thread, or the github repo. If I may mention however, I go to school full-time, and work a job, so I will get to you as soon as I can!
Here’s the repo (And I am open to contributions!): https://github.com/torch2424/pocketChipScripts
How to use
wget -O pocketChipScripts.zip http://bit.ly/2gJ9ZJy unzip pocketChipScripts.zip cd pocketChipScripts ./pocketChipScripts.sh
You should then be greeted by an interactive bash script that will help you update, upgrade and install packages on your pocket chip!
Available Packages / Functionality (v1.0.1)
Before I start, please let me start by saying that I could not have made this with out the chip communitty. You guys are doing great work for chip so far, and a lot of this is just piggy-backing off of that. So thank you! These are the available installations that are within the script, with the appropriate link and credit to the user/developer who posted them originally. If no link is provided, it means that I wrote the script myself, or I forgot to include the link. If you feel like I forgot to give you credit, please let me know, and I can include a link to your post ASAP. These references can also be found within the source code.
- Custom MOTD
- Pocket Home Marshmallow Edition
- Mobile Surf User Agent String
- Samba Server, accessible from smb://chip
- Quake III
- Mednafen - Multi System Emulator
- PCSX - Rearmed
- Pocket SNES
Please take note of a few things.
- Some packages will take a very long time to build, since they are being built from source
- I suggest you have the new 4.4 pocket chip 3d alpha update, as some scripts will not work without it
- Some packages like PCSX come with some pocket chip fixes already built into the script
- The Samba created can be found in the /home/chip/chipSamba directory, and the URL smb://chip
- Pocket SNES is still a work in progress, I would like to improve the controls before giving it my full thumbs up.
Anyways, I hope you guys find this useful, and hopefully we can keep this up to date with all of the cool guides popping up around pocket chip!