PocketC.H.I.P.s Shipping On-Time & NAND Software Delays C.H.I.P.s Until Mid-October

PocketC.H.I.P. i guess?

Yes. Second one. When I ordered there was a 3 week wait. I didn’t want to wait so I bought one on eBay for a little more than cost. Second one will be hardware projects.

As expected. I is clear they can not deliver the $ 9,- C.H.I.P. for that price.

Except of course for the whole bunches (thousands?) of them already delivered to customers and after all that fulfillment they still offer it as a pre-order with estimated delivery for $9.

Your opinion is not convincing at all.

I expect I will receive my late July pre-order before the end of this year (current estimate is end of October).

Can you point me to one (1) message on this board about a person that has happily received his C.H.I.P. not POCKET chip. That is the reason I asked the question in the first place. All I asked what chip, say I received my pocket chip.
But of course I hope you are right. I do not want $ 9 back because I paid $15,22 not shipping cost included.

In addition to the many pages worth of project threads showing peoples bare C.H.I.P.'s in action all over the forum you could also review this official post:

Heck I’ll do some of the work you should have done before spouting your ill informed opinion.

You might also read the opening post of this very thread:

Lot’s of GOOD News & Some BAD News:
We shipped 5658 pre-orders ahead of schedule.

Although since NTC didn’t break down the C.H.I.P. vs. PocketC.H.I.P quantities you can just assume that all were PocketC.H.I.P.'s. and hold on to your evidence free belief.

Off course your completely right I rest my case.
By the way did you see this?

Are you actually serious? Like for real? :laughing:

EDIT:

Just captured this fresh evidence that NTC is only shipping pocketchips. This is truly unacceptable. /s

If you still believe them then it is not only pocketchips but,
In the Netherlands we have this commercial that go’s like:
"We from product-x have tested products and found that product-x is the best."
No more to say, I rest my case and hope they realise they are killing there own company’s future.

Yes he’s got the PocketC.H.I.P. sub forum open and visible behind his PuTTy session. The thread is in the C.H.I.P. sub-section of the forum and he says he just got his three plain C.H.I.P.'s but I’m sure he’s in on the grand conspiracy you’ve concocted in your mind.

I’m sure you will find some way to dismiss all further evidence including hundreds of photos of bare C.H.I.P.'s in other posts so I’m not going to bother linking any of them. Anyone who is interested can simply read other threads in the forum.

One final point that bodes very well for bare C.H.I.P. staying available @ $9.00. PocketC.H.I.P. had to have its price increased last month after the introductory offer because it was not profitable at $49. I was lucky and got mine ordered at the lower price but many people were bummed out that they waited too long to hit the order button. If the $9.00 price was unprofitable I’m confident NTC would have already raised the price. But again I’m sure it’s some kind of grand conspiracy to lure people into placing pre-orders, cancelling them, getting full refunds and NTC loosing all the credit card fees (sadly with refunds the credit card companies don’t return the merchant fees so NTC looses $ on every canceled pre-order).

Half Life 3 confirmed!

I feel it’s a bit unfair that people that placed orders after some of us are getting their orders dispatched before just because there was no stand-alone c.h.i.p. on their orders.
I’m starting to wonder if NTC will ever be able to fulfill orders that include multiple items, what if in october they ran out of pocket c.h.i.p.s and we have to wait yet again for them to produce more, and maybe even repeat the cicle of running out of something and not being able to fulfill orders placed months ago.
I have a lot of respect for NTC, and I think they offer a really cool and interesting product. I hope that when october comes we won’t be getting another e-mail saying that they there’s a new delay.
Really looking forward to get my c.h.i.p. and pocket c.h.i.p…
Greetings from Mexico.
-Mario

@elevenarms, for those of us who are super technically minded, how’s the NAND issue coming along? I’ve been trying to track stuff through github, but the multitude of branches kind of make it difficult sometimes.

Either way, keep on keeping on!

Are we really ignoring the hundreds of current Chip related posts, questions and advice from people who have received their orders and making up reasons why they aren’t coming? :joy:

Wait, we know that they are not shipping plain C.H.I.P.s now (whether or not there are accessories in the order) because there are not any plain C.H.I.P.s to ship. Are you saying that they should NOT ship the PocketCHIPs that are ready to ship, because pre-orders for plain CHIPs that were placed before some of the PocketCHIPs have not been shipped yet?

They are filling all the orders they can, in the order the orders were placed, but only when there is product available to fill the orders, and when the customer has confirmed their shipping address at http://track.getchip.com. If someone waited until after there was no C.H.I.P. inventory available for shipping, to confirm their address, they will have to wait until the next run of C.H.I.P.s results in there being inventory for shipping out to them, even if they placed their order at the end of last year. My hunch is that those customers who placed their orders last November and December whose products have not shipped yet, failed to confirm their addresses in a timely basis. If they have confirmed their addresses before new C.H.I.P.s are ready for packing up to send out, they should be at the front of the queue.

Maybe NTC did not think about reserving some bare C.H.I.P.s for folks who had paid for their orders, but failed to confirm their addresses. That probably would be wise for them to do in the future. @howie what about that factor of holding product for at least some of these folks on the next round? I understand you might want to get all the product out the door that is possible as soon as possible, but it makes NTC look bad to those who ordered earlier and have to wait, even if it was because NTC needed address confirmation.

I’m pretty sure the reasoning behind shipping the PocketCHIPs that include working CHIPs is to get more of them out in the wild. NTC has stated their metrics indicate that most of the PocketCHIP backers/purchasers are new to Linux and SBCs in general. (paraphrasing this)

I think a majority of the people who have straight up CHIPs are more advanced users that can deal with the idiosyncrasies easier. I have to believe their metrics indicate that more current CHIP owners purchased more CHIPs than new users, so delaying someone who owns one seems like a better option to me. If I was them, I’d much rather get the PocketCHIPs out to the people who are new to the community. One, to help flesh out PocketCHIP issues and two, get those people hooked on more stuff.

This are just my thoughts while eating some PBJ at work.

@xtacocorex I honestly do not think that kind of favoritism is what has been going on. I think the primary factor in whether the C.H.I.P.s were flashed with C.H.I.P. or PocketC.H.I.P. images had to do with production factors and unexpected delays in parts that surfaced after the flashing. For folks who do not know, the regular C.H.I.P.s and PocketC.H.I.P.s are flashed with totally different versions of the operating system, the latter optimized for PocketCHIP hardware, with a lot of software that appears on the factory flashed C.H.I.P.s not being included. For them to have to reflash the C.H.I.P.s that were already flashed with PocketCHIP images, with the other C.H.I.P. images, once the NAND issues resulting in the current delay surfaced, would have been crazy.

I think another factor going on here, with people disbelieving that NTC is reputable, forthright, company, is that folks for whom English is their native language may have an easier time trusting NTC despite the delays, because we can understand the subleties of the language in the NTC posts here, and understand their honesty. A lot of idioms and other language usage subtleties will get lost in translation, and result in a lack of trust at a basic gut level.

Good points! Thanks for bringing me back to ground on things; there is a definite lack of coffee on my end.

English is not my native language, and I trust NTC! :thumbsup:
In my case, though, it has to be that I understand the complexities of manufacturing, and that I’m not an anxious person, so I’m not in a hurry at all, and not influenced by my own anxiety. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn’t see the screenshot I uploaded or the /s which is generally used to denote sarcasm. In any case I was merely joking about the “evidence” pe1ago posted.

In fact my pocketchip has just shipped so I’d be an idiot to complain about them shipping them.